3/12/2013

Texture Tuesday ... getting there

17




Riding solo.
5  o'clock alarms can be hard task masters,
but it's easy to own the world at this hour once you're on your way.

Any seat was potentially mine ...



or I could line dance up that aisle!
(Freshly waxed floors ... they look pretty.
Not like in summer, with crowds and scuffs and well, mayhem everywhere).

Nary a soul to place a footprint at this hour ... not even me,



for I am spending time with a literary friend ~



Until dawn breaks, when I glance up to see worlds crossing over ...

as I have.


Where did I go?
To a most extraordinary workshop
 ~ with dogs ~ 
more to say about this next time ....
and if you are a cat person, perhaps I'll see you the time after that.


: : :


Linking up today with Texture Tuesday, Anything Goes eDition.
Techie mumbo-jumbo:  all photos shot with my iPhone, processed with the following apps ...
ProCamera (for zoom & selective exposure)




17 comments:

  1. Oh I love that floor! I probably would have taken my shoes off and walked upon it in my heavy winter socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted, Penny, oooooh, I was sorely tempted ;>]] If only I'd been a little more awake ....

      Delete
  2. Looks like the perfect floor to slide across in your socks... whoosh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIG WHOOSH, Carolyn!! I've made a mental note for next time. There wouldn't have been a soul to see me except for maybe the occasional ferry worker making the rounds. Next time ;>D

      Thank you for your visit here!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...workshop with dogs! Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanna, it was AMAZING and I will tell all about it. They let me take a few photos of the dogs *working* so that should help explain this "new sport" better ~ stay tuned, dog friend!

      Delete
  4. I love how you've captured the silence of the empty space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggi, YES, it was e.x.a.c.t.l.y. that, thank you for seeing.

      Delete
  5. that's a favourite book and love the sense of imminence in the photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, Mo ...turns out I am struggling a bit with the book, not sure why just yet. Not feeling very pulled into the Salem perspective yet, finding it difficult to develop empathy for any of the characters. Funny tho ... I still like it.

      "imminence." definitely. And I did end up with company during the last leg of the journey ...

      Delete
  6. With those beautiful images of clothing you really must get into Wolfe Hall. I have read it twice now and it really is an amazing read. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWICE? goodness, jackie, it's definitely back on the list NOW.

      Delete
  7. Takes me back to the days of buffing the kitchen floor by skating about in socks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me fave tunes for that enterprise are anything from *the boss,* but the type of socks don't seem to matter one bit ;>]]

      Delete
  8. OH, oh......now you have me off on another technical cruise......I lament......"I just don't have time for this!" but I still do it anyway. These are beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx for the kind words, o-t-r ....
      hopefully time well spent while cruising?
      What is that old saying ... we are only as good as our tools?

      Delete
  9. i've been learning bobbin lace for the past few years and picked up that book quite a while ago. i loved it.

    ReplyDelete