4/24/2012

Texture Tuesday...perfectly perforated

16




Dunno how I got on this garden tool kick all of a sudden...in my previous post you had to read
all about my hori hori obsession and now this...
a portrait of my tried and truest, most favored and special watering can ever.
She's tough 'cause she's galvanized.
Doesn't she have a charming rosette?  THE BEST for sprinkling new seed beds.

And her handle swivels...oooh lah lah.

I once had a dark green plastic can that I loved so very much.  The pour spout was exceedingly long,
styled after those traditional ones from England...with a similar rosette, but upward facing
so the water came out like a small, delicate fountain.
Quinn chewed it tah bits shortly after she came to live here.


"Who me???....I only chew really big sticks."


Now I ask you, is that a face that could tell a lie?


: : :


Linking up with another of Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday parties...
used Kim's lovely watercolor texture, 'Oh my', on both ~ added 'Heirloom' from French Kiss 
(Glorious Grunge Collection) to the black munchmouth.  
Click HERE to see what everyone else has been up to,
so much creativity!



p. s.  I promise for next time that I will not write about another garden tool.



16 comments:

  1. I love your garden tools. This is what observation is all about -- looking at the ordinary and giving it image some sacredness. The very best thing to do with our everyday tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny...have been having a fine time walking around with *eyes wide open* :>]]

      Delete
  2. I agree w/Penny. Love seeing/hearing about favourite tools ...gardening and otherwise. One of those things that is so very idiosyncratic. Like a favourite childhood book. Or a signature tune. Of favourite piece of clothing. A slice of "you".

    In the spirit of your watering can ...I have 2. One was my Dad's, a Hawes, prolly cost more than all my tools together. I keep it because it was his but the rosette gets clogged SO easily that I keep the removable end, off. My fave (though I DO use both) is my trusty $20. galvanized jobby similar to yourn only mine has a fixed handle. Never clogs. Never rusts. Good as new after 20 years.

    ... I may have to issue a challenge for fave book/song/clothing. you in? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice can genealogy, Jen ;>D
      IN for a challenge? yah, sure!

      Delete
  3. Cool perspective of the watering can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Wendy ~ it was a fun setup...very in-my-face.

      Delete
  4. Love the perspective of the watering can. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Cherie...was trying to play around with Kim's challenge to shoot wide open. That was as close as I could get with that particular lens. Took six tries before I got the focus I was after - FUN.

      Delete
  5. i love the rosettes on those galvanized cans. i have a galvanized can but the rosette is gone...i do not know where...wish i could find another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, they are available to purchase online if you're keen to get another...the link in my post (at "rosette") has one for less than six bucks!

      Delete
  6. No, no, no.... don't make that promise.... I love your garden tools, seeing them and reading about them!

    As for Quins face? Think I'll have to plead the 5th on this one.

    xxoo R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tempt me to post more tools, Robin ;>]]
      And you'd better hold to that 5th!

      Delete
  7. I love the shot of your watering can. I also like the shot of the very beautiful Quinn with her stick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...and "woof woof" from Q !

      Delete
  8. une ambiance paisible du jardin bien gardé..beau!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! :>]]
      J'aime passe le temps dans mon jardin. Je suis heureux vous peux sentir cela !

      Delete